Release Notes 10-01-24
Point-of-Sale, POS 318
(Edit 15/01: Updated version number)
Our point of sale solution will from now on have separate release notes. POS Release Notes can be found on https://help.visit.com (login required). Here are some highlights of the next release POS 318 (estimated delivery: 15-01-2024)
- From the next POS version onwards, we will tie the POS version to a certain version of our web components. Web views are for example used in the order overview, the pickup view or the season pass and voucher redemption view. Changes and updates in our web components will then require a new POS version.
- We have added a new landing page on POS when scanning a certain item of an order. This will help cashiers by only seeing the currently scanned ticket. From there, it is still possible to go to the order overview.
- It is now possible to undo a “checkin” (entrance operation) via POS.
- A new error message is displayed when trying to redeem a voucher where the redeemable product is not a part of the POS configuration.
- It is now possible to revoke season passes on POS and add a comment.
- In some complementaries, a “Turn screen to customer/cashier” lightbox appeard. We have removed this lightbox as it wasn’t used by many customers.
- It is not possible anymore to click on “Repeat last order” when one-time codes were used in the previous order.
- We have increased the reliability of automatically closing sales sessions and user stocks at 03:00 am.
- When editing an existing order, the checkout button is now disabled if no changes were made or if all items in the order were removed manually. In the latter case, a refund of the order should be performed instead.
- On the ticket printout, we are now adding the amount of participants next to the price group (e.g. Adult x1).
- We did some improvements with the warning message for lost internet connectivity. The message will disappear automatically when internet connectivity is restored.
POS Bug Fixes
- We fixed an issue on the season pass view, where the “Image last changed” timestamp wasn’t displayed.
- We fixed an issue when printing a receipt copy, the spinner wouldn’t stop spinning.
- We fixed a display issue where we sometimes displayd documents (such as tickets) twice in the overview.
- We fixed an issue where in non-personal user session, the product sync sometimes did not work.
- We fixed an issue where some scanners stopped working after having been in “idle mode”.
- We have now built support for preliminary bookings. A preliminary booking will not issue any documents (such as tickets) until the order is upgraded to a regular order.
- You can now define “Upgrade products” which can be used if you want to return a physical stock item and at the same time give out an (upgraded) physical item instead.
- It’s now possible again to search for phone numbers in the order panel.
- When creating a new user, clicking on “Invite User” will now send out an e-mail to the user again.
- It is now possible to create a custom prefix for resources.
- Over the past few months, we have added many features and made lots of improvements in the way we issue tickets, which will provide you with more options, such as the possibility to send a proof-of-Value for all tickets in one customer’s order. The new ticket logic will be rolled out to all customers over the next few months and we will add more information to our documentation soon.
- It is now possible to export individual day journals into Excel.
- Day journals for POS registers can be collapsed per register.
- We fixed an issue where in some day journals, we did not display the order number on the VAT rows.
Portal - Design / UX
- Informative tooltips has been introduced, and will be more frequently applied in the next release.
- Dashboard widgets has a new cleaner design
- Width of widgets updated **May force some widgets configurations to update size
- New colors introduced in statistics graphs
- New Popup windows added, WCAG friendly
- Event tags picker is now showing correct event tags, possibility to create Event tags is moved to Event creation in the Calendar
- Tour code picker is now autocompleting tour codes, possibility to create Tour codes is moved to the Calendar
- Channel listing has a new cleaner design, showing full logo of the channel.
- Channel listing is now devided in to 4 categories.
- More translations added + more rephrasing of action buttons.